5 Practical Ways to Organize Your ADHD Life (and Feel Good about Yourself)




When I first began to realize that I had ADHD, I came across an invaluable list of 50 tips for managing Attention Deficit from Drs. Ed Hallowell and John Ratey.  I still have my original copy of the list printed off from AOL! In today's blog, I am sharing not only their life-changing advice on managing your tasks but also my personal experience with Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity disorder and how I used these suggestions to transform my life.

 Set up your Environment to Reward Rather than Deflate.

"To understand what a deflating environment is, all most adult ADD'ers need do is think back to school. Now that you have the freedom of adulthood, try to set things up so that you will not constantly be reminded of your limitations."

During the last 3 decades since graduating from High School, I have dabbled in many different professions with the best fits being the careers with task versatility and work from home capabilities. Not coincidentally, these are also the choices where I am essentially my own boss. The downside, these come with the most responsibility to create a work environment that promotes sustained focus necessary for completing tasks.  It also meant moving from the desk I had built in our kitchen  (file that under "what the heck was I thinking") to a standing desk near a window in our living room. I also make use of a cozy place on couch, though some days it can be just a wee bit too comfy!

Find out how ... and more ways to Organize Your ADHD Life here.... 
All Rights Reserved, Allison Gingras 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective