Season to Journal - 'a time to mourn and a time to dance.'

For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to mourn, and a time to dance; Ecclesiastes 3:4



Despite the poor quality photo, this picture captures a moment from a dance I encountered while working as a Lay Missionary in Papua New Guinea.

Sitting in the dirt surrounded by a jungle of utter blackness, I lost connection with everything I considered as 'normal'. I didn’t just witness the dance, I experienced it. I have no idea if the dance was a dance of grief or a dance of joy, but the depth of emotion released by the creativity extended beyond the dancers into the community.

In my own community, most of us can't perform like that, unscripted, in harmony with others, to the rhythmic thump of magnificent handcrafted instruments. Read more: Season to Journal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective