A Practical Guide for Daily Prayer

In answer to a recent letter asking me how to pray, I sent back nine prayers that have been a great help to me over the years. It seems  the receiver found them very useful and so did her friends. I thought therefore they may be of some help to you too, so here they are.
Begin with Psalm sixty-nine with which St Benedict instructed his monks to start the divine office. Then it can be followed by the Glory Be, immediately followed by Psalm sixty-two.

O God, come to my aid
O Lord, make haste to help me (Psalm 69).
Glory be to the Father and to the son and to the Holy Spirit. Amen.

O God, you are my God, for you I long;
For you my soul is thirsting.
My body pines for you
Like dry weary land without water (Psalm 62)  read on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective