Saint Mark: Gospel Writer, Evangelist and My Inspiration


I have a special affinity for Saint Mark, especially for his writing style. Like Saint Mark, I try to say what I need to say in as few words as possible. When reading the Gospel of Mark, you find crisp, clear passages, delivered with precision; no fluff.
As an evangelist, Saint Mark was the first to document the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. He considered his Gospel as a message, or announcement, of the Good News of Jesus’ salvific actions. In true evangelical form, the message, as documented, is timeless. Consider this: Within the Gospel of Mark, Jesus asks 42 questions. Here’s just a few:
  1. Who are my mother and brothers? (Mark 3:33)
  2. Why are you terrified? Do you not yet have faith? (Mark 4:40)
  3. Who do people say that I am? (Mark 8:27)
  4. What do you wish me to do for you? (Mark 10:51)
  5. Why are you testing me? (Mark 12:15-16)

Saint Mark: My Inspiration!

Over the next few months, as we traverse through the Year B cycle of Gospel readings from Saint Mark, I will address these questions and many more, here on my website. The goal is to help you to see the timelessness of the Gospels; the timelessness of Jesus! If Jesus were standing in front of you today, asking you any of the five questions I note above, how would you respond?  Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective