The Man Mistaken for a Gardener

It was at Easter in the 1970's that I first met my wife. I received a phone call from the local convent asking me to drive three Dominican sisters and their friend to Heathrow. It was at the last minute so I had no time to change out of my working clothes. The three nuns sat in the back seat and their friend, a young doctor who was working in a hospital  next to their convent in KwaZulu, South Africa, sat in the front seat next to me. When she finished talking to her friends she finally deigned to look at me and  asked me whether or not I was the gardener! When I said that I was not the first person to have been mistaken for the gardener, she carried on talking to her friends unaware of my reference to Mary Magdalene's meeting with Jesus immediately after the Resurrection. In fact it was only last Easter when I reminded her of our first meeting and how I replied to her question that, after almost forty years she finally picked up on my reference to Mary Magdalene. read on....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective