Big Families Are a Blessing

Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash

Did you grow up in a large family? I did. I was the youngest of five. When my nephew, who is an only child, visited us this summer for a week, I started to notice how many life lessons we learned as kids just by being part of a big family.

Consideration, kindness, sharing, thoughtfulness...it wasn't just my family, either, but all the big families on our block when I was growing up. When you have to share a bedroom with several siblings and you wear hand-me-downs until first grade, you learn not to value possessions too much.

My memories of growing up in a large family and why big families are a blessing!

Lessons from our older brothers and sister - Big Families Are a Blessing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective