Kindness Is Contagious

Three times this week kindness has been the topic of a homily I heard or a reflection I read. I'm taking this as a sign that I should write about it. Besides, the world sorely needs this virtue today. My community has created the decal pictured here to promote kindness. Aristotle defined kindness: "Helpfulness towards someone in need, not in return for anything, nor for the advantage of the helper himself, but for that of the person helped." The first step in being kind is to be aware of someone who needs help. For example, we see a woman burdened with packages approaching the door we just passed through. Then we can be prompted to hold it open for her. Or we notice that a friend has a troubled look. Then we can inquire, "Is something bothering you?" Click to continue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary