Seeking and Giving Mercy


Many of us are quick to seek mercy. But how about giving mercy? I doubt we are as quick to give mercy as we are to seek mercy. That’s human nature at work. We run to Our Lord and ask for His mercy every time we sin. In His graciousness, He is quick to grant our request.  So, why don’t we run to grant mercy when someone hurts our feelings?
Unlike God, who knows everything, we need time to assess the situation, determine the extent of the offense, and evaluate the depth of hurt. Only then can we mete out the necessary amount of mercy warranted.
I recently had an exchange with someone on Facebook Messenger for which I took offense. My immediate reaction was one of indignation. I was not in the mood to grant mercy. However, after assessing the situation, I was able to put things in perspective. I was able to determine the amount of hurt this person caused me by her snarky comments.
Taking into consideration where this person was coming from, and not knowing her true intentions (as only God can judge what is in her heart), I was able to... Read more... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary