Embrace Humility During Lent


Lent is the perfect time to embrace humility, as it is a time when God calls us to think less of ourselves and more of others. What stands in the way of you embracing humility? Is it your pride? It was for me! Only after I learned what held me back from being the person God calls me to be, could I embrace humility.
For me, I cared too much what others thought of me. I sought my validation from my friends and peers, rather than from the one true source – God. My friends and peers could never fill the hole. I needed constant validation of my self-worth. Once I realized that only God could fill the void and validate me, could I begin thinking less of myself and more about others. This happened many years ago, and I have to say that He still works on me. Every time I slip and cling to my pride, God points that out to me. He tells me to “Let go.” God continuously chisels away at my huge chunk of pride. Bit by bit, He forms me into the person that He wants me to be. Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective