Sound Advice


I’m really stuck on a Josh Groban song called Granted.  The lyrics are so powerful and very fitting for anyone pondering their life.  In fact, a couple of years ago, someone named Daniel Gillis left a comment under this video.  He said:

“This song means so much to me. I used to be suicidal, and I nearly threw almost my entire life away. Today, I'm living with the knowledge that, in my darkest night, God sent me light. When I was about to give up, God loved me enough to send help. He sent me an angel in the form of a new friend. My life was a storm that almost drowned me, and He calmed it. I was blind to all the happiness and blessings in my life, but He restored my sight. Because my life almost ended, I've seen the joy that I almost left behind, and I'm seeing more of it everyday. I am now fighting every day to take nothing for granted. Life is a time to learn, to chase dreams, and to discover yourself. There's simply no time to take anything for granted. Thank you, Josh! Your songs are always inspirational to me. There are so many artists out there who can create a fun song with a jazzy tune, but you actually make a difference to me, and remind me what's important. God bless you!"

The advice in this song is phenomenal.  Here’s part of the refrain, in case you haven’t heard it (but I highly suggest you click on the link I provided above):

 “If you have a dream, go chase it
If you feel hope, don't waste it
If you find love, embrace it
And never take a single breath for granted”

I can’t deny that this song made me think of all that is going on in regards to the George Floyd murder. 

But beyond that, it makes you think.

Here’s a little more:

“And you wonder in your heart
If you're still not who you are
Who are you?”

And finally, he writes . . .

“The story's yours, go write it
Tomorrow's undecided
Our days are counted on this planet
Never take a single breath
Take a single breath for granted”

I was telling one of my brothers the other day that the older I get, before saying yes to something, I really consider if it is worth me trading my time.

As you begin to count down the years, you have to seriously think about the best way to spend them, and if I am going to trade my time with my family for something, it better be very important.

Be sure to check out the song and let me know what YOU think.

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.blogspot.com
janetcassidy.blubrry.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective