My Magnetic Personality


Sometimes when I am getting dressed in the morning and making my bed, I listen to the radio.  As I move about my room, I have noticed that when I move in closer proximity to my radio, it cuts out.  If I want to hear it, I have to move to the other side of the room.

I am wondering if this means I have a magnetic personality.  You know, someone with “extraordinary power or ability to attract?”

Here’s what I found online (because I had to know.)

“In the presence of charged matter, if that matter is not rigid (i.e., if it responds to electrostatic or magnetic forces) things change. ... So yes, electromagnetic waves are in fact affected by magnetic fields, but it is a very weak effect that only becomes manifest in the presence of extremely strong magnetic fields.”

Based on what I have read, I have decided the answer to my question is yes, I must have a magnetic personality because I am quite “charged” at times and I believe my “magnetic field” is quite strong, evidenced by the fact that I can change my radio’s reception.

Also, I have decided that my conclusion must be right, regardless of whether the facts support it at all.

That’s a popular way to think today.

You know what I’m talking about. We draw conclusions all the time—with minimal or no research or experience on which to base them, especially when it comes to politics and religion.

It’s kind of a funny thing.  If you were to open up a conversation about electromagnetism in a friendly discussion, you probably wouldn’t find a lot of engagement.  Unless someone is in the field, they likely would not have an opinion to share about the topic and even less information on which they could speak intelligently.

And they might even admit it.  They might say something like, “I never really paid attention in science class” or “I’m more of an art person.”

So why then, do people with an equally limited amount of knowledge or experience with religion suddenly become an expert in theology and the Church? 

Interestingly, religion is the one topic in which everyone can turn their opinion into fact, getting others to believe it and repeat it, even when their opinion may not be based on anything factual or true.

It is as if you can say anything, and if it sounds good, people will believe it. 

For that reason alone, I am sticking to my magnetic personality theory, hoping you will believe me.

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.blogspot.com
janetcassidy.blubrry.net


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective