Little Saint Julian Mary Pearl, Pray for Us!

I haven't been much of a blogger the past few years, so I haven't contributed to this site in quite some time.  I recently deleted my Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts, however; and lo and behold, suddenly I find that I have so much more time to spend on my first love, writing full-length blog posts!  Getting off social media has been so good for my mental and spiritual well-being, and for reminding me how much more satisfying writing is for me than endlessly scrolling through social media posts. 

My husband and I are blessed to be busy and involved with our ever-expanding family (our 17th grandchild was born in October), and that's another reason I haven't been posting at my blog as often as I used to.  Sadly, though, we have also lost several precious grandchildren to miscarriage in the past two years.  Not too long ago, I shared this post about our most recent loss over at String of Pearls.


Please keep our oldest son, his sweet wife, and their five children in your prayers today.  This afternoon, there is going to be a burial service for a child whom our daughter-in-law miscarried about two weeks ago.  It was too early on in the pregnancy to determine the sex of the baby; therefore, they have chosen the name Julian Mary, since Julian is a saint's name that can be used by either a boy or a girl.  And of course it's always a good idea to add Our Blessed Mother's name as a middle name.


This tragic loss follows much too closely on the heels of their loss of Liguori Mary last May.

I don't know why some lives are snuffed out "too soon" or "before their time," as people often put it (as if we mere mortals can possibly know the best time for a life to end). But I do know that God has a plan for each and every life, no matter how short...

To read the full post, click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary