Are You Listening to God?

 

 


 I have found during Lent this year that I have not listened to God as much as I think I should. It is a good realization because it has caused me to return to some of my past practices that have enriched my faith life. I can always tell when I need to “up my game” because I don’t feel mentally stimulated. 

What spiritual practices do you use to stay grounded in your faith?  Have you stayed steeped in them, or have they fallen by the wayside during Lent this year?

I am trying to return to making a holy hour which includes scripture reading, prayer, spiritual reading and the rosary.  I have occasionally tried to turn off the news and turn on a podcast by Bishop Barron to engage my mind in deeper thought.

Am I perfect at it?  No, of course not, but I have found that my efforts have helped me turn my thoughts more to God, and whenever we do that, we are truly blessed, because it is then that we can hear whatever it is he wants to say to us.

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective