Hubris, Stories, and That Which Might Exist



I'm intrigued by that which:
  • Exists within this universe
  • Exists beyond
  • Might exist
I've talked about "that which exists within this universe," what we've been learning about it, and why science doesn't upset me. I've talked about it a lot.

Basically, I'm a Christian and a Catholic. I think truth matters.

Faith is in part a pursuit of truth. Science is a pursuit of truth. As Pope Leo XIII said, "truth cannot contradict truth." Sometimes we learn something new, but I really don't see that as a problem.

I've talked about what the Nicene Creed calls 'invisible,' too. Which isn't church-speak for electromagnetic phenomena outside visible spectrum. And that's not quite another topic.

John Tenniel's Cheshire Cat illustration for Lewis Carroll's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.' (1865)But I've written precious little about stuff that might exist. And why I don't see a problem with being a Christian and enjoying stories. Or writing them.

So that's what I'll be talking about today: along with hubris, Homer, a hurricane and whatever else comes to mind.

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective