Do You Need to Change Your Path?

Sometimes, I guess out of boredom, I change my drive to work.  Maybe I am unconsciously looking for an easier way, with less traffic, lights, etc., I'm not really sure.  Anyway, when you change your normal path, you see things that you would not usually see.

For instance, since I changed my route into work, I now see some amazing murals on the sides of buildings.  It makes me wonder about the artists.  There is some serious talent there.  What are they going to do with their talent?  Are they in school?  Will they be able to work their craft into a job?

I, personally, cannot begin to imagine how you can create such spectacular paintings when you are like 5 inches from the picture you are creating (if you are hand painting).  Without a birds' eye view, how can you tell if you are in the middle of a face or painting an ear?  There must be a sketched out image before color is added, but still I wonder, how long does it take to create one?  And besides, let's not forget the rough surface you must be working on.  I mean, the wall of a building can't be nice and smooth!  Maybe there is some prep work?

All of these questions, just from changing my route to work!

This got me to thinking . . . what kinds of questions might be raised, if, let's say, you altered your life's path?  For instance, what if you changed your focus?  What if you rearranged your priorities? What if instead of not going to church, you decided to give it a try?

Just imagine your life being even more beautiful than it is already!  Imagine the vibrancy that could be added to your life if you just tried a new path.

Your life might be moving along okay without God at the center, but life with God is like a fantastic mural, a thing of beauty, created for everyone to see.  

Look around you.  

What have you been missing?

Happy Easter!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.blogspot.com

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective