Edited Twins, Genetic Engineering and Bioethics

SPL (Science Photo Library)'s image: In vitrio fertilization light microscope. (2015) via BBC News, used w/o permission.

Gene-editing rules showed up in my news feed last Monday. So, indirectly, did genetically-edited twins who, as far as I know, are still alive.

If I'd known how little I'd be able to verify about Dr. He Jiankui's famous (or infamous) twins, maybe I'd have picked another topic.

But I did find a fair amount of information about genetic editing technology, and a hint at why Dr. He's science project produced twins: More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(Genetically edited twins of 2018, breaking the 14-day rule. CRISPR, TALEN and surprises. Treating humans as people, and why bioethics matter to me.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective