Does God Know You?

I was scrolling through my contacts on my phone and discovered a large number of contacts I needed to delete.  In fact, there were names on the list that I didn't even know!  What really bugs me is when I come across a name and I can't remember who they are and why they are in my contacts.

I was in the store the other day and noticed a lady I thought I knew.  I said, "I know you!"  She looked at me a little surprised.  I know I know this lady, but we couldn't make any connection.  I still have her face in my head and cannot figure out how I know her.  Usually our son knows everyone, but he didn't even recognize her.

Not knowing a name in your contacts is one thing, but not knowing how you know someone in-person is something else. This is really going to bug me.  

At the beginning of Isaiah, Chapter 43, the Lord says, "But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, Jacob, and formed you, Israel:

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;

I have called you by name: you are mine."

God will not erase us from his "contacts" because he created us, but we certainly do not want to come face-to-face with him and discover that he does not know us.  To avoid this, I would suggest keeping him on speed dial, very close at hand.

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective