Snowflake: a Safe Substitute Symbol, I Hope

Herb Block political cartoon: 'Say, what ever happened to 'freedom-from-fear'?' (August 13, 1951, during McCarthyism) published in Washington Post; see https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/herblocks-history/fire.htmlText characters, the ones used online at any rate, include symbols that aren't letters of the alphabet, punctuation, or numbers.

So far, so obvious.

I was replying to comments this afternoon, and figured I'd use the emoji/dingbat/whatever "okay" hand sign. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

But I also figured that, since folks who don't live in my part of the world read this, I'd better do a little research....

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(An unexpectedly naughty gesture &mdash or &mdash why I used a snowflake symbol.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective