Are you a quitter? Today's your day!

 

 


I don't suppose I was the only one who tried to brush my teeth with my non-dominant hand this week.

For those of you who do not know what I'm talking about, the Michigan Wolverines quarterback, J.J. McCarthy, said he does this to change the neural patterns in his brain.

Naturally, I had to look it up to see if it's true. I found mixed results, but what I did learn from doing this is that it is more challenging than you would think, and it did feel like my brain was being forced to operate differently--which is a good thing.

It's like learning a foreign language, or trying to read dense church documents.

It's all good, and definitely worth trying, even if it is hard. In regards to the church writings, it takes patience to wade through some of them, but they are often so beautifully written and insightful. Never a waste of time.

As we begin the new year, why don't you pull out something like the Catechism of the Catholic Church, or a document from Vatican II, or even the Bible, and see what might be in there for you to discover.

Let 2024 be your year to give God a chance. It could be more life-changing than any of those resolutions you have already given up.

Besides, today is Quitters Day, so it seems like a good time to start fresh!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective