T. Rex, or Not T. Rex, That is the Question

Gilmore's illustration/photo: Gorgosaurus lancensis (1946) via Smithsonian Magazine. see https://www.gbif.org/species/157403182

Headlines about Tyrannosaurus rex, scientists, and "what we thought we knew" being wrong started showing up in my news feed last week.

It's been a while since I talked about dinosaurs, and I found Nicholas R. Longrich and Evan T. Saitta's research paper: a pre-publication copy, at any rate.

So this week I thought I'd talk about T. rex, Nanotyrannus, and what they'd learned.

That's what I thought.

Here's what I wound up with, after diving down delightfully diverse rabbit holes:

...

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(The latest development in the Nanotyrannus - Tyrannosaurus rex debate. Study published January 3, 2024 says Nanotyrannus is its own species. With evidence.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective