Cross-checking isn't just for hockey--apparently

 


We keep the newspaper's crossword puzzle on our table, and throughout the day(s) we take turns working on it. I'm not good at starting them. I step in when partial words or phrases have already been filled in. 
 
My husband has to wait until words can be cross-checked. I don't wait for such foolishness; I just fill in what seems to make sense to me. He likes to claim he thought of the word before me, but he was waiting for "proof."

Yeah right.
 
Admittedly, sometimes I come up with some wild guesses, but I do get the answers right now and again. I like to brag that I always swoop in and save the day. I claim I accomplish what others cannot, or at least I lead the way.

But, as my husband uniquely put it the other day, "Your unusual thought pattern breaks things loose sometimes."

I'm taking that as a compliment. Wouldn't you?

Anyway, I'm sticking with my method, because even Psalm 37, supports me:

"Commit to the LORD your way;
trust in him, and he will act.
He will make justice dawn for you like the light;
bright as the noonday shall be your vindication."

I'm committing to my way, knowing that someday, justice will prevail, and I will be vindicated.

Who's with me?

Janet Cassidy
Follow my Facebook page at:
Check out my YouTube Channel at:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective