Living Water

 Living Water


It was about midday
dusty, hot,
 earth scorched underfoot.
I came to the well. 

The other women, I avoid them, 
had long gone.
He was there, sitting beside it.
He asked me for a drink.

What was this?
Me, a Samaritan woman,
Him, a Jew.
I looked up, warily, 

His eyes searched mine,
I felt His gaze reach
way down inside me.
He talked about giving me,

Living water
How, I thought
Where is your bucket?
But He went on, He said

with the water He gave
I would never thirst again.
What did He mean? 
I wanted that water.

His voice, spoke softly about,
A spring of living water
Welling up to 
Eternal Life.

Who was this man?
He knew all about me, for sure,
My whole life, everything.
I went to tell the whole village

That I'd found 
The Messiah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marie-Antoinette's Journey of Faith

The Memorare

The Spirituality and Miracles of St. Clare of Assisi