Who Am I?

 

 


I find myself waiting on God--alot.

I wait for him to show me the direction in which he wants me to go.  

I wait on him for a clear sign.

If you find yourself in a holding pattern, I would suggest you make the most of it.  Perhaps God is pruning your patience.  Maybe he is trying to get you to listen more closely.  Maybe he is trying to tell you that you are right where you need to be.

Reading the tea leaves can be hard, but rather than trying to read them, it is more helpful to listen.  That can be the most important activity you need to be doing sometimes.

If God wants us to move, he will let us know.  More often than not, we get in too much of a hurry, looking for the next thing, or what's around the corner.

I had a Religious Ed. Director make an observation about me that I have found useful over the years.  We were doing a program that I thought needed to be changed.  She said, "Janet, every time we offer this, it is to new people.  I think you get bored and that's why you want to change it.  It's still good."

I heard an interview the other day that had the same sort of clarifying, self-awareness for me.  The guest said he likes to create and build things, and then move on.

I could see myself in that.  I think most people who have multiple ideas floating around, who like to create new things, understand that.  I always say that it can be hard to choose between all of the good things God gives us.

Am I a writer?  A podcaster? A teacher? Employee? Leader? Retiree? Disciple?

The list is endless, especially when you factor in questions related to family, personal talents and volunteerism.

Make your list and then see how things unfold.  God doesn't give gifts just to leave us guessing.  Whatever you are struggling with today, be at peace where you are and let God lead the way.

I hope you are having a blessed Lent.

Janet Cassidy 
janetcassidy.com
Follow my Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
Check out my YouTube Channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective