I'm running out of time

 


I was listening to a Christian radio station the other day and they played the song "Counting My Blessings" by Seph Schlueter. I was unfamiliar with the song, but these lines jumped out at me:

"The more that I look in the details
The more of Your goodness I find
Father on this side of Heaven
I know that I'll run out of time"

On this side of Heaven . . . I'll run out of time . . . reminded me that every day God gives us is a gift, and I asked myself, "How am I spending this gift of time?"
 
It's a good question.
 
Do we spend our days making pleasure, leisure, wealth and contentment our main goals, or are we striving to follow God's will for our life?
 
Personal pleasure is not opposed to the gospel, of course, but we have to be able to recognize goals that satisfy our earthly existence, versus goals that will lead us to eternal life.  They don't have to be mutually exclusive, but the latter brings everything together, for there is great joy in following God's will.

Sing a song of gratitude for all that God has done, for the scriptures are full of this encouragement:
 
"Give thanks to the Lord, who is good, whose love endures forever." (Psalm 106:1)
 
Gratitude leads us outside of ourselves.  Be sure your goals are doing just that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective