Special Roles to Play


Because I watch the news, and Caitlin Clark has been in it lately, I've been picking up on how talented she is. In case you don't know, as a basketball player for Iowa's women's team, she has a resume like no other. She is amazing on the court and fun to watch, as it appears she sinks every three-pointer she attempts.

I read that she is "the first Big Ten women's basketball player to record 500+ 3-pointers in a career." She's a real stand out. She is unique and has a special role to play.

In today's reading from the Gospel of John (Chapter 5), the emphasis is on the communion of Jesus and the Father. Jesus talks about how much the Father loves him, what the Father does, and the fact that the Father gives him life, as well as power to "exercise judgment."

Here's the clincher:

"I cannot do anything on my own;
I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just,
because I do not seek my own will
but the will of the one who sent me."

If Jesus, in his special role as the Son of God, thought it was essential to do the will of the Father, we should make that our goal as well.

What is the will of the Father for your life?

Janet Cassidy
Follow my Facebook page at:
Check out my YouTube Channel at:


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective