So many thoughts!

 


 

My head is spinning with multiple things to contemplate and write about--from pride and humility to spiritual practices and acceptance of God's will.

But, before all of that can be processed, I was glad to come across a quote considered to be a motto of St. Therese of Lisieux:

"To make the Lord known and loved."

Upon further investigation, I found a similar quote within the following prayer of hers in a "Letter to her Missionary Brothers":

"This little prayer which includes all my desires I ask you to say for me each day:

“Merciful Father, in the name of Thy sweet Jesus, of the Blessed Virgin and of the Saints, I pray Thee that my sister be fired with Thy spirit of love, and that Thou wilt grant her the grace to make Thee greatly loved.”

If God should take me soon to Himself, I ask you to continue each day this same prayer, for in Heaven my desire will be the same as upon earth; to love Jesus and to make Him loved."

 https://www.littleflower.org/st-therese/st-therese-quotes

What a wonderful "motto" we can all make our own.  It is so simple, but so very directly in line with our purpose in life:  Love Jesus and make him loved. (Obviously, to "make him known" is akin to "make him loved.")

How each of us is called to do that is yet to be revealed to us individually, but think about the depth of this simple motto.  It raises an abundance of questions we can each take up and contemplate.

How do I love Jesus?  Tangibly, actively, humbly, quietly?  How exactly do I love him?

How do I lead others to come to love (and know) him?  Do I trust that in whatever small way God may be activating my love for him, that it may open a pathway for others to walk and discover him?  Can I accept this in humility?

St. Therese is one of my favorites, and I suspect is probably for many of you as well.  But, for all of our fascination with her Little Way and her ordinary practices done with great love, it is all for nought if it doesn't influence our faith by bringing it alive so that it may lead others to a greater love of Jesus.

Love Jesus. Make him loved.  What a challenge!

Janet Cassidy
janetcassidy.com
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy



 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective