Liberal? Conservative? Republican? Democrat? No: Catholic

Joseph Ferdinand Keppler's cartoon in Puck magazine: 'A Hard Pull', showing politician James G. Blaine riding to Ohio, surrounded by emblems of scandals. (October 1, 1884) via Library of Congress, see http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.28237

I could ignore the current presidential fracas: claiming that I'm too 'spiritual' for worldly matters, or can't abide the pervasive political posturing and pandering.

Detail, Joseph Ferdinand Keppler's cartoon in Puck magazine: 'A Hard Pull', former Vice President Schuyler Colfax, with a 'Credit Mobilier' plume in his cap, carries a standard stating 'Westward The Star of Corruption Fakes its Way'. (October 1, 1884) via Library of Congress, see http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.28237But that's not an option.

Neither, for me, is getting "political" in the sense of declaring that, if elected, candidate A will doom us all; while candidate B is America's only hope.

Those attitudes aren't new, and that's another topic.1

This week I'll be talking about why I don't fit into current political pigeonholes: or, rather, why I fit into several.

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(Catholic teachings do not conform to American political labels. Not when I consider the big picture. I look at beliefs, fears, and long-term goals.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

'Greater Love: Richie Fernando SJ', a joy-filled Filipino missionary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective