"We Will Come After You", Being Careful, and Truth

From the 1940s: Four soldiers carrying the United Stats flag and the United Nations Honour Flag / Four Freedoms Flag, an unofficial design by Brooks B. Harding. Via Wikipedia, used w/o permission.

America has changed since my youth. I've seen fire and brimstone give way to tofu and soy sauce, rotary dial phones replaced by smartphones.

Some things, however, haven't changed. Like the value we place on freedom.

How my country's self-described best and brightest see freedom, particularly freedom of speech: that's what I'll talk about this week.

More at A Catholic Citizen in America.

(The London police chief warned that illegal online speech will bring extradition to the UK. I have seen fear like this before, so that got my attention.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Greater Love: Richie Fernando SJ', a joy-filled Filipino missionary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Memorare