A close call
Remember when I recently complained about people impatiently driving around me at the end of my road? (*See the link below)
Well we were coming home from a Detroit Tiger's baseball game and a car sped past us on the expressway so close it almost clipped the passenger-side front bumper. I mean it was REALLY close.
Fortunately, he missed us, but unfortunately we had to watch in disbelief as he continued to do the same in the traffic in front of us. He was weaving in and out so fast I couldn't believe he didn't hit someone.
Then a few minutes later a motorcycle came flying by (we're guessing at about 100 mph), doing the same thing!
Reflecting on our close call, I was reminded that before we travel, we always offer a prayer in the car, out loud, asking God to put his holy angels around us and protect us. We started that practice when the kids were young, but we continue it today, even when they are not with us.
We were glad the five guardian angels protecting us that night weren't sleeping on the job!
Anyway, it is quite upsetting to think that if that guy had clipped the corner of our car, he could have easily sent us into the median. Any one, or all of us, could have been injured or died that night.
It's another reminder of how important it is to not wait until tomorrow to get your life in order when it comes to faith.
Although we may assume it, none of our days are guaranteed.
Today could be the day you meet God. What are you going to say?
Sorry, I was kind of busy? I didn't really believe in you? The hypocrisy of your people turned me off? I don't believe in institutional religion?
I encourage you to drop the excuses and evaluate your relationship with God (or lack thereof), today.
A great starting place to dive a little deeper into Pascal's Wager and the struggle to believe is to follow this article link:
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print-edition/understanding-pascals-wager
*Below is a link to the video about Pascal's Wager. (Albeit a simplified, perhaps imperfect, explanation.)
Some day, your time for excuses will run out, and where will that leave you?
Pray for peace, joy, and an end to war.
Janet Cassidy
Email me at: jmctm2@gmail.com
janetcassidy.com
https://www.facebook.com/reflectionsinfaith/
https://www.youtube.com/@janetcassidy
*Here is the direct link to a video about Pascal's Wager:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZAawc0_aqCw
**Here is the link to my previous blog:
https://janetcassidy.blogspot.com/2026/07/stop-racing-around-me.html
Comments
Post a Comment